2017 Tournament Results
Awesome turnout for the 2nd year of the ice fishing tournament. This year was at Crystal Reservoir, and the wind was not that bad! With projections of 25-35 mph sustained winds with gusts up to 65 mph, it felt like 15mph sustained all day. Totally comfortable for those with ice huts, and not that bad for those without! About 200 people turned out for the event.
This event allowed any species of fish to qualify for all prizes. The longest 3 fish of the day won cash, and the longest fish of the hour won prizes (8 hours).
Although trout were expected to win prizes for this tournament, given that all species were eligible it was interesting that almost all the prizes were awarded for sucker fish.
The longest trout presented was a brown trout caught by Adam Coulon @ 15 3/8 inches. Unfortunately, a longer sucker was presented that hour and it didn't win a prize.
$2,500 in cash was on the table, with hourly prizes totaling another $1,000.
Congratulations to Cash Prize Winners!:
1st prize winner: $1,500 cash
Granger Gallegos - sucker fish - 17 3/4 inches, 2.1lbs
2nd prize winner: $600 cash
Kaylyn Greenwalt - sucker fish - 17 5/8 inches, 1.65 lbs
3rd prize winner: $400 cash
Jonathon Land - sucker fish - 17 1/4 inches, 1.9 lbs (tie was broken by weight)
Hourly prizes were awarded to:
- Tyler Pfost - sucker fish - 14 1/2 inches, 1.15 lbs
- Morrison Wilson - sucker fish - 16 5/8 inches, 1.85 lbs
- James Roybal - sucker fish - 15 inches, 1.3 lbs
- Amber Lemons - sucker fish - 14 5/8 inches, 1.15 lbs
- Regina Munoz - sucker fish - 15 3/4 inches - 1.55 lbs
- Jordan Gannoud - sucker fish - 15 3/4 inches - 1.55 lbs
- Eric Wagner - sucker fish - 17 1/4 inches - 1.41 lbs
- Orson Smith - sucker fish - 16 7/8 inches - 1.75 lbs
Youth prize was awarded to:
- Kris Munson - Brown Trout! - 13 1/4 inches - 1 lb
The photos are posted on the facebook page:
Feel free to email us your feedback so we can improve the event next year. Requests to slow the wind will be taken into consideration :)