This tournament rewards prizes in the form of a check or gift. Prizes provided by the sponsor are linked to their website. The winnings will be distributed post event on-site. No cash on site!
Grand Prize - $1,500 check
Silver Prize - $600 check
Bronze Prize - $400 check
**Species Categories / Sponsored Prizes
Rainbow Trout: TBD / $100 Sportsmans Gift Certificate
Cutbow/CuthroatTrout: TBD / $100 Sportsmans Gift Certificate
Brown Trout: TBD / $100 Sportsmans Gift Certificate
Perch: TBD / $100 Sportsmans Gift Certificate
Grayling: TBD / $100 Sportsmans Gift Certificate
Brook Trout: TBD / $100 Sportsmans Gift Certificate
Splake: TBD / $100 Sportsmans Gift Certificate
TBD / $100 Sportsmans Gift Certificate
*No cash will be on-site. Cash prizes will given in form of a check, and distributed the same day, post event, made out to the winning party. The Grand and Silver prizes will require the winning party to fill out an I-9 IRS tax form with social security number, name, and address. Cash prizes at and over $600 need to be reported to the IRS as taxable income. A W-2 tax form will be mailed to the address listed at the end of the tax season.
**All sponsored prizes are subject to be changed at any time. These non-cash prizes will be available for pick-up at the event location. Any prize for which a sponsor is not met will be replaced by a Sportsman's Warehouse $100 gift card.
***See explanation below regarding priority given for the youth prize winning fish.
2018 Event Updates
- There are no tagged fish for the 2018 event.
- "Big Fish" will be measured by the summation of length and girth.
- All 3 reservoirs at Curt Gowdy State Park are open to fishing in the tournament. Granite, Crystal, and North Crow reservoirs will each have a check-in/weigh-in station with WFT adjudicators. A fish must be entered at the weigh-in station on the reservoir where it was caught.
- Instead of hourly prizes, prizes will be awarded to the biggest fish caught in a given species category. There will be one winning fish for each category for the entire day.
- The award ceremony will be held at the Granite reservoir check-in station at 3:30 pm. In order to give people time to pack up, prizes will be available for pick-up until 4:30 pm.
Awarding of Cash Prizes
- If a "big fish" is caught, immediately bring the entire fish to the check-in station where the fish will be processed. The latest time a fish may be brought to the check-in station is 3:10 PM.
- Winning fish are determined by measurement including the summation of length and girth. Length is measured by snout to tail, where the tail will be pinched to indicate total length. Girth is measured at the widest portion of the midsection of the fish.
- After each fish is entered, it will receive a hole punch through the tail to ensure it cannot be presented twice.
- Each fish entered is only eligible for ONE prize.
- Prizes will NOT be distributed until the end of the event.
- The biggest fish caught of each species category will receive the sponsored prize for that category as listed above.
- The 3 biggest fish caught over the course of the entire contest will be bumped out of their species category prize bracket and awarded the 1st 2nd and 3rd cash prizes. The runner up fish for each species category will then be awarded the species category prize.
- The 3 biggest fish of the day will be removed from the species prize category and will be awarded the 1st 2nd and 3rd place Cash Prizes.
- The biggest fish of the day caught by a youth will receive the "Youth Prize".
- The biggest fish caught by a youth is only eligible for one prize. If a fish presented by a youth qualifies for a cash prize it will be ineligible for any other prize. The biggest fish of the day presented by a youth that does not qualify for either a cash or species prize will be awarded the youth prize for the day.