Granite Reservoir Ice Fishing Tournament – Curt Gowdy State Park
February 6th, 2016
Rules and Regulations
- This fishing tournament is restricted to Granite Reservoir within Curt Gowdy State Park only. State Park entrance fees must be paid and envelope tab clearly displayed for each vehicle. The tournament will not be canceled or postponed for any reason except unsafe ice conditions.
- 20 individually tagged and numbered trout will be released into Granite Reservoir. These tagged trout are all eligible for prizes.
- The longest untagged fish caught is also eligible for a prize. 1 prize will be awarded for the adult category and 1 prize for the youth category.
- In order to be eligible for prizes, contestants must be pre-registered and have in their possession a valid WY fishing license, conservation stamp (except for 1 day fishing license holders) and printed tournament registration form. Tournament registration is non-transferable.
- Fishermen must comply with WGFD Aquatic Invasive Species Regulations and Procedures.
- Tournament fishing is restricted to February 6th, 2016 between the hours of 7AM and 3PM. Start and stop times will be signified by an air horn. You are welcome to set up prior to 7AM, however, no fishing is allowed prior to the start of the tournament.
- If a tagged or "long fish" is caught, immediately bring the entire fish to the check-in station where the fish will be processed and prize determination made for tagged fish. The prize for longest untagged fish for both adult and youth categories will be awarded at the end of the contest. Unregistered fishermen in your party may jeopardize the validity of fish caught by registered fishermen. The latest time a tagged fish may be brought to the check-in station is 3:10 PM.
- This contest is permitted by WGFD as a “harvest contest” meaning the decision to release a fish must be made immediately after capture. Any fish not returned immediately must be harvested and counted towards the daily creel limit. Any fish brought to the check-in station for prize determination is there-by harvested and counted towards the daily creel limit. Each person must have their own stringer or mechanism to individually track harvested fish.
- No culling is permitted.
- Ice holes must not exceed 10” in diameter.
- No motorized vehicles allowed on ice.
- Participants must keep dogs on leashes and under control at all times.
- Please keep the area clean. Do not throw trash in ice holes.
- Contestants hereby acknowledge that names and photographs can be used in the promotion of the tournament. This includes but is not limited to print, radio, television, website or any other media outlets.
- All prizes subject to change without notice based on availability from our sponsors.
- Wyoming Fishing Tournaments, LLC is not responsible for road conditions, acts of god, ice conditions, accidents or injuries. You are participating in this activity at your own risk. All registered fishermen will electronically acknowledge that they have reviewed the rules/regulations and accept the terms and conditions outlined in the tournament waiver.
- Failure to comply with the above rules and regulations will result in tournament disqualification.
- No refunds will be allowed after 2/2/2016